Image Map

Friday, October 22, 2010

Velvet!

Fall and winter months mean warmer and richer fabrics.  Wools, tweeds, velvets.  I just recently became a fan of velvet.  It makes me feel like everything looks like a jewel.  I like it especially when its modernized a bit.  

Here are a few that I absolutely love.  What is your take on velvet?  Do you have any velvet in your home.  It's an option for me right now for my accent chair in my living room.  Like a dark turquoise possibly with gold nail heads.... We shall see.  


Love this.  The wing back shape is unreal  Image via House Beautiful
Image via Decor Pad.  
image via Decor Pad

Image via House Beautiful
Image via Domino Magazine
Designed by Frank Roop - and for the record I want to steal this room and not change one thing.  I absolutely loooove this room!!  
Image via Decor Pad  Don't you just love that Dorothy Draper night stand painted in lilac.  So sweet.  Oh and the velvet headboard - sick... (Lost subject for a second with that pale purple).
Tobi Fairley designed
image via House Beautiful

4 comments:

  1. Velvet is the fabric right now and I love it!!! Not to mention the dorothy draper chest, I would kill for a pair of those in my bedroom :) Have a great weekend Hallie!
    Nancy xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. im a huge fan of velvet! my mother hates the feeling of it though (which is why i always thought i hated it!!) anyway - i am really really really considering it for the chair.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the photos you chose to show! They are great! And it is amazing me as of late that house beautiful is starting to look like the best of what was elle decor!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jamie... i know, lately i have been enjoying my House Beautiful subscription so much more than my elle decor. i have been flipping through elle decor a bit faster....

    ReplyDelete

So... Tell me... What do you think?