Image Map

Thursday, April 16, 2009

Palm Springs

Bring out the Wearstler in me and ship me off to Palm Springs! Now this is my favorite place to look for home decor. I even dress up for the occasion! I get all into it. Whip out my fancy sunglass and my favorite handbag, put on a chic outfit and hit the spots.

I definitely suggest taking 2 days to do it, the guys that work in many of these shops love, love, love to chit chat, and sometimes you end up in a store for an extra hour or so shooting the sh...

I have some amazing recommendations! Please feel free to contact me should you need further suggestions.

Where to stay:
The Riviera -- they just had a major renovation - it's pretty sick.
Parker - Decor is done by Jonathan Adler
The Viceroy - Decor is done by Kelly Wearstler (need I say more)
Ace - new hotel. Great rates on rooms, and chic decor. And they have free bike rentals.

Shopping/Antiquing:
-Bon Vivant -- 457 N. Palm Canyon #3 760-534-3197.
call in advance to make sure they are open. They have amazing accessories, great for finishing touches, and amazing little gold owls.
-Trina Turk Residential - 895 N. Palm Canyon Dr. 760-416-2856
Trina does fashion right. And, she does home decor right. Very Palm Springs kitschy, great colors, great fabric, I love her pillows and she also has one of those porcelain elephants I am dying for. (also - ask for cody!)
-Dazzles - 1035 N. Palm Canyon Drive Palm Springs 760.327.1446.
This place is pretty amazing and a personal favorite. Mike - the owner knows his stuff. They have great pieces!! Awesome glass collection. His glass is a little pricey - but well worth it, and his collection is unreal. He also has great tableware, bakelite, and tons and tons of costume jewelry. It's like the best attic in the world!
-Just Fabulous - haven't been yet, but it's suppose to be great!1035 N. Palm Canyon Drive Palm Springs 760.327.1446.
-A la mod - 768 NORTH PALM CANYON DRIVE .(760) 327-0707
Great Mid cnetury pieces. I definitely recommend walking in.

I have so many more! But these are some of my favorites - more to come!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

So... Tell me... What do you think?