Image Map

Sunday, November 29, 2009

Jonathan Adler Loves the Elvis Honeymoon Hideaway.

NOTE: THIS IS AN OLD POST - I was reading through old postings and wanted to re-share this. Hope you enjoy as much I did.

Have you ever heard of Graceland in Memphis, Tennessee? If you live under a rock, or are not an American - It happens to be Elvis's estate where he lived for many years. In Palm Springs, there is the Elvis Honeymoon Hideaway which is where Elvis and Priscilla spent their honeymoon - and it's a pretty amazing mid-century modern spot. I am dying to take a tour - and to think I've probably been to Palm Springs a zillion times - and haven't been!

Besides myself being a huge fan - obviously, so is Interior Designer, Jonathan Adler. I love JA. I think he is brilliant, but it's very to easy to spot his inspirations. He must have been inspired by the Elvis Hideaway as he has featured many elements in his projects.

Above, the living room from Elvis's honeymoon home in Palm Springs, CA. This is a really chic look - and forward for the time with an indoor fire-pit.

Jonathan Adler's design (above) has many features that are influenced by the Elvis image. Besides the indoor fire pit; there is also the rounded sofa, the scattered pillows (in a similar color palate) and the Moroccan feel. There is also that casual-ness of the ottomans and the several different seating areas divided out thru the room.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

So... Tell me... What do you think?