Image Map

Monday, December 21, 2009

Artist Crush - Jason Rohlf

Growing up I was always drawn to Impressionist painters: Monet, Manet, Renoir.... My dream in the 3rd grade was to go to Giverny and see Monet's lily pads and his beautiful foot bridge. I then went to the South of France with my sister several years ago and we went to the Chagal museum and I fell in love with his use of color. And now I have found a new art love, its a tad different from my normal liking - but it just speaks to me, I guess. These two paintings below are by Brooklyn painter, Jason Rohlf. His strengths are in his abstract, geometrical and vibrant color works. They are just stunning and I am a big fan.

2 comments:

  1. I love these too!!! Have you seen these?

    http://www.markelfinearts.com/port.php?id=123

    ReplyDelete

So... Tell me... What do you think?