Image Map

Sunday, January 10, 2010

I just couldn't keep quiet any longer...

It is time for me to put my opinion in on Kelly Wearstler's Malibu home. Everyone else seems to be putting in a comment or two, so here is what I think.... I am severely confused. I feel like the scale on some of the pieces are wrong. Like the light fixtures in her living room and dining room. That is actually the first part the irked me. AND we look up to KW and I think she failed her followers. YES, she did think outside of the box, and YES she did pull away from "Hollywood Regency" but I think she jumped ship too soon. I am feeling like she wants to bring the 80s back in. Problem though. Whenever fashion tries to bring that era back, it rarely succeeds. So, with interior design, I think we need to take our time with bringing that time frame back into our homes. I do like the wall where the fireplace is. (above).
The centerpiece on this dining table is awful. I would hate to have to look at that every day.

This bedroom doesn't really bother me, I just have always felt that each piece needs to mean something and be special to spend the money on it. What on earth could those triangle pyramids mean!?

Interesting....

This just confuses me. It's too much to look at and nothing is spotlighted because its all one big distraction.
Ok - I admit, I am not a fan. Thoughts??

8 comments:

  1. I am not a fan. It's like bad Miami Vice sets...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Um, it looks like two very rich and tacky queens live there. Not that there is anything wrong with that. It just doesn't seem like a place where a beautiful woman and two boys live. I kind of hated the whole thing- not because of the departure from what she is known for, but because IT IS UGLY! There I said it. U.G.L.Y.

    Thanks doll,
    The Glamorous Housewife

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree Im not a fan :( but i got to admit i love hollywood regency sooo not lovin this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. THANK YOU! Alot of people either ignore this topic or are overly polite about her new digs. Unfortunately I wasn't into design when she was in her Regency phase... would like to see more of that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree about the last picture but aren't those pink hydrangea gorgeous?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yeah - the floral arrangement is pretty beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think she was brilliant with the Hollywood Regency thing, but this is awful, just hideous. Too much of a bad thing.

    ReplyDelete

So... Tell me... What do you think?