Image Map

Saturday, October 9, 2010

Amazing, Healthy Recipe for Multiple Occasions.

Last weekend at my dinner party one of the best dishes of the night (if I must toot a horn here) would be the Mango Shrimp in Endive.  First off - this is by far the absolute easiest thing in the world to make.  There is no measuring or cooking - its all cutting and chopping.

The other great thing about this recipe is that you can do a lot of things with it.  I made it last night for dinner - and it was amazing, and I didn't spoon the mixture into lettuce cups - I just ate it straight up as a salad.  So -- you can make this as an appetizer for entertaining, or your own yummy meal.

Above, would be the salad version before mixing it and before adding olive oil.
It's the Mango Shrimp (in Endive Lettuce Cups - if you want)


1/2 lb. cooked, cleaned, devained cold shrimp. Chopped
1/2 mango (approx. 1 cup). Chopped
2 tablespoons fresh cilantro. Chopped
1/4 cup green union. Chopped.
2 tablespoons Olive oil. Just whirl it around the bowl two times... it worked for me!
1 tablesspoon fresh lime juice. Squeeze a quarter cut slice of a lime (you don't need to measure this either).
2 teaspoons grated ginger.
Kosher Salt (just a few shakes was good for me)
Black pepper - to taste.
24 endive leaves (optional or you can chop them up and add to it to be salad)

Mix all ingredients together (minus endive, unless you want it chopped and mixed in). Either spoon into the individual lettuce cups, or leave as a salad. You can make this up to an hour before serving.

Above would be the endive cup version

Keep me posted if you ever end up making it! 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

So... Tell me... What do you think?