Image Map

Wednesday, July 7, 2010

My Lincoln

I am convinced that animals make the world go round, they make our lives a little bit calmer and a little bit kinder, and make people remember to stop and smell the roses. This is my cocker spaniel, Lincoln and he is 8 years old. He was 6 weeks old when I got him in college and that could have been the best day of my whole life. It's amazing how a dog can change your life in so many positive ways. I know that Lincoln has been taking care of me probably more than I've taken care of him. He is my best friend. So... now we are here. And my Lincoln had to have back surgery -- due to a flipped disc on his spinal cord, which has led to his back legs being paralyzed. We won't know for a few days if he will be able to walk again, but there is an 80% recovery rate. Please say as many prayers and send warm wishes to Mr. Lincoln.










7 comments:

  1. aww will be praying for him! My baby went through an operation this year and it was one of the hardest things Ive gone through! they are the family for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know how important dogs are in life so I will be praying for both of you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sending my love and prayers to Lincoln!!!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sending tons of prayers for your sweet Lincoln! He is so cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much for all of your support! I am so appreciative! He's in the hospital but will come home tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm sorry to hear this Hallie! I agree with you, our animals make the world go round, I will definitely be praying for your sweetie, he's so cute. Let us know how things go!
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nancy -- you are too sweet! Thanks for thinking of me. I am trying to keep busy - this is the worst! I'll definitely keep you posted!

    ReplyDelete

So... Tell me... What do you think?