Wednesday, January 19, 2011

On my radar... Gold Flatware

I have a set of Fire King dishes... similar to the ones below.

BUT - I always feel funny using them since my flatware is stainless steel (silver) and it throws me off with the gold rim.   I have been seeing a ton of gold flatware lately and I think its so pretty.
What do you think of gold flatware?  

Here are some of my faves:
Carlton Varney for HSN (love these!)

Crate & Barrel

Neiman Marcus

Neiman Marcus  LOVE these!!!
Oneida via Bed Bath & Beyond
Bon Ton


  1. I think stainless steel and gold can go together quite well. However, if you are choosing, I DO NOT recommend the Tarjay brand. I read the reviews, but bought them anyway. Waste of money. The Crate and Barrel and Neiman Marcus (Horchow) seem like winners. Always remember Horchow frequently run these 30% off plus free shipping sales. So certainly wait on that and you may score big.

    Mr. Goodwill Hunting

  2. oh those neimans one make my heart hurt

  3. omg i have been eyeing some gold sets too because it is just so glam on the table! i cant wait to see what ones you get . . . i love the bamboo ones and the crate and barrel ones

  4. Hey, I have a tiny plate like the ones in the first image. It's on my nightstand and I use it to place my jewelry at the end of the night.

    And yes, I love gold flatware.

    PS - this award has been going around and now I pass it to you:

  5. the neiman marcus bamboo ones. so chic!


  6. LOVE the gold flatware. Definitely awesome and a must do.

  7. Just found your blog through Sweet Nothings and love your blog- the gold flatware is beautiful!

  8. Oooh, you’re such an inspiration. I love this blog!
    Flatware pattern guide. Active and discontinued sterling flatware patterns for sale at very affordable prices.


So... Tell me... What do you think?