Image Map

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Teen Dream a lil' Dream

I recently received an email from Amber, a reader asking me what my opinion was for a teen's bedroom (girl).

I think its really important for this room to be transitional - especially since this will be the bedroom they return home to when visiting from college. But do keep it fun still, with a hint of whimsy! There is no need for this room to be serious quite yet!
I definitely like solid bedding with accent pillows (easy to switch out). Curtains (black out!) also are ideal. I would try to have chair, or lounging area in the there, and of course a desk for homework!
It's definitely a space you want them to enjoy, and will think is cool when friends come over too.

Hope this helps and good luck!!!





Love this room! Image via Cote de Texas



designed by Barbara Chambers

image via Elle Decor



4 comments:

  1. Cute! I wish I could have had a room like these when I was a teen. At least my mom let me paint my room blue. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I love the second room. I would consider myself an adult now even though I still think I'm only 18 but I would love that room :)

    All things nice...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great inspiration! Am drawn to how the curtains are hung in some of those rooms. (Have added you to my blogroll after taking some downtime over the holidays from blogging -- hope you are having a great new year so far!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute and pretty!! If I was a young girl I would want room #2, I love pink!!
    Nancy xo

    ReplyDelete

So... Tell me... What do you think?