Image Map

Sunday, May 3, 2009

Inspiration Sunday

Today's Inspirations are focusing on the bedroom. I'll be honest. I have NO clue what direction I want to go into with my bedroom. I haven't done anything to it (I moved into my apartment over a year ago) I've been focusing on other areas - and the bedroom just kind of got pushed to the side. I can't even commit to a color. The only thing I do know is that I want to re-paint my desk and dresser to be a high-gloss.... as for the color, I am leaning towards white, black or pop it out there with some TURQUOISE! I could go round-robin on this all day.

So, on that note - I am always looking for bedroom ideas, and here are a few that I loved (and the reasons). I hope it inspires you as well!

Have a fantastic week!

Hallie
Kelly Wearstler designed this room for the Tides Hotel in Miami, Florida (my hometown!). I love the symmetry of this room. It feels so balanced. I also love the use of pop with the orange headboard and the zebra hide rug. (Could my pop of color being to paint my desk Turquoise!?!)
Michael Smith (Yes, learn his name because he is re-decorating the White House for the Obamas) designed this room and I love the wallpaper. It is so romantic. The headboard is pretty stunning too! I love the use of the stripes against the wallpaper.

Kelly Wearstler design (www.kwid.com). This room is one of my favorites, its black and white and chrome and though the colors are strong and can be almost stark, Wearstler softened it thru the usage of texture and furniture and fixture selection

I love the x-benches at the foot of the bed.
Designer, Lynn Morgan made this room so happy and fun, yet still extremely clean and sophisticated. I love the color combo of blue and white with hints of lime. I also love how she matched the headboard and bed skirt.




This room makes me happy. I would love a bedroom like this, but instead of pink -- replace it with possibly turquoise, purple, kelly green, or magenta. The baby pink is sweet and innocent - but I think a vibrant color could really jazz it up. For this room i think that she used just the right amount of color to make the color feel special.

LOVE how this room is all neutrals and then... WHAM! A hot magenta Louis chair in the corner. Bravo!

This room makes me happy. I adore the chair and a half.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

So... Tell me... What do you think?