Image Map

Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Chinoiserie

I never thought I was a fan of Chinoiserie style, but the more and more I look around, and sum up many of the torn magazine clippings - there are many Asian influences surrounding me. I've got my bamboo dining chairs, an elephant garden stool, pagoda mirror..... and my dream list consists of several other Chinois inspired pieces:
1. Gold Bamboo end table (to replace my nesting tables in my living room)
2. Chippendale console table for my foyer
3. some sort of monkey figurine.

Here are some great pieces on the web, and inspiring rooms that just added touches of Chinoiserie. It truly is GLAM.
http://www.1stdibs.com/ foo dogs. A pair of foo dogs fight off evil spirits. This is a no brainer, why wouldn't you have a pair?


Elephant Garden Stool
Kendal Wilkinson design. I love bright walls here, and the Chinoiserie fabric and hand painted mural.

This is Chinoiserie with a twist, room designed for fashion designer Liz Lange by Jonathan Adler. The bamboo Chippendale chairs are a bit Chinois - just not in your face, Asian inspired.

How glam is this mirror? Adore!

Love, Love, Love! The bed, the turquoise pops, the wallpaper. Dreamy.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

So... Tell me... What do you think?