Image Map

Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Etsy.com - A great Spot for Home Accessories

Etsy.com is the new eBay - but without the bidding war. If you want it - you buy it. No waiting, no bidding. The price is set, either you agree and purchase, or you move on. I was looking thru the site and did some of my usual search keywords and some pretty great pieces came up. Etsy is especially great for home accessories (especially if you are on a tight budget).

One of my favorite hobbies is to go to flea markets and antique malls - and Etsy.com allows this, and better yet - you can do it in your pjs!

Here are some of my favorite keywords (use these in the vintage section of http://www.etsy.com/ ):
- Viking
- Milk Glass candy dish with lid
- Blenko
- Hollywood Regency
- Kelly Wearstler
- Adler


I collect all different sizes and styles of solid white, vintage milk glass compote dishes - with lids! I adore them and they are my absolute favorite things to collect!


Blanc De Chine vintage pair of lamps

Vintage Hot Pink Lantern --- This would be amazing if you found a few similar ones in different colors and paired them in the corner of a room at different heights. Pretty darling.


Vintage colored and clear glass candy dishes. These would be great to use for serving pieces, or jewelry dishes.

Vintage Glass Blue Decanter/Perfume Bottle

Glamorous vintage gold dinette set. LOVE! This would be great for a breakfast nook!

Chince Floral Vintage Decanters. These are too cute. I'd try to pair it with more modern pieces so it doesn't get cheesy.


Faux Bamboo White Coffee Table. I am really digging bamboo right now, so I love this table. It's so Palm Springs Glam! I would love to see this table with beautiful, colorful peacock figurines on top of it!


Chevron Fabric. This is only 2 yards, but you could make some great pillows out of this.


Baroque Style Vintage Mirror.

Decanter and glass set. This is vintage fun. Great, original hostess gift!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

So... Tell me... What do you think?