Image Map

Saturday, May 16, 2009

Elle Decor - March 2008 Edition

I know its a little late to be having a blog entry on an Elle Decor issue from March 2008, but its one of my favorites and has been for quite a while. Its forward classic and an issue I will always be able to follow back to.

The living room cover is designed by Interior Designer - Katie Ridder. I especially love this room because its boho-chic, which is more my style. I love Hollywood Glam, mixed with 70's boho-jet set. The wall color is light and airy, and unexpected. I adore the accent chair and the plush magenta orange fabric. The matching end-tables replacing a coffee table, is functional, yet chic. It all works with some glamour and some ethnic. I also like how every single piece acts as a show-stopper, and can stand on its own, yet completely coincides properly with the other pieces. Ridder rocked it!

Katie Ridder lives in New York City - she is a former editor of House Beautiful and Home & Garden magazines,

This room (above!) is one of my favorite rooms of all time.

Love how the chocolate walls really make the turquoise Murano glass chandelier really pop.



This paint color is pretty smart. Imagine this room painted beige. It just wouldn't pop properly. This look would also have been fantastic in magenta or purple...
Love the symmetry, love the head board, love the end tables, love the lamps!!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

So... Tell me... What do you think?