Image Map

Saturday, November 20, 2010

3 gorgeous dining rooms have something in common:

And what do they have in common?
Gorgeous chairs and fantastic lighting. 

So here's a budget tip: If you need to cut corners, don't focus on the table, get something clean and modern (Ikea would be a good source) and then splurge on your chairs.  
Love the open space and clean lines all softened with that wide plank white hardwood floors and that glammed out chandelier.  Image via Decor Pad
Ghost chairs and Adler.... Always a strong pairing.  Image via Living Etc.
Love how happy this space is.  Image via Everything LEB

4 comments:

  1. I do agree about the chair splurge. Right now Im looking for the perfect dining chairs. No luck. At all.

    http://mrgoodwillhunting.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mr. GW..... so hard!! i have vintage drexel bamboo chairs that I got at a total hole in the wall spot! They were $100 for the set... If I saw them anywhere else they would have been way more! i know you will find 'em!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wonderful glass chairs (image 2)!

    http://design-elements-blog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hallie,
    I totally agree with you on the table vs. chair budget tip! Before I knew better, I did the opposite and the chairs just bring the table down! If I had it to do over, I would have done the reverse (especially since I often cover the table with a table cloth during dinner parties. M.

    ReplyDelete

So... Tell me... What do you think?