Image Map

Thursday, November 4, 2010

Need input - office/foyer? bad or good idea?

I am thinking about converting my foyer into an office.. but chic and clean.  I just want to do a clean, beautiful desk (or maybe go clean with a parsons) with an X-bench or some amazing seating option and a gorgeous lamp.  All I need is a better place to sit with my laptop so I don't strain my neck and back.  I want it to look like a foyer... so there won't be a cup with pens, or files on top...

Do any of you have a creative office space? My mother turned an elevator closet in her home into a darling computer room.... Lets discuss this idea!!!

9 comments:

  1. I LOVE that idea. I immediately thought of a window display I saw at Eddie Ross: http://www.eddieross.com/eddie_ross/page/6/. An entry is the perfect place to store mail, pens, and inspirations. Good luck, and do share what you end up doing with it!
    XO,
    Sara Kate

    ReplyDelete
  2. I say go for it! I think it's a great idea to go with a bench vs. a chair (which could make it feel much more "office" like). Thanks so much for your vote over at Design Refuge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jennifer -- of course you got my vote, mama!! your style is sick!!

    SK -- thanks for sending that link over!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE this too Hallie! Eeek, you header and your lovely site is looking soooo fabulous! I love it, so 'Glam'!
    Nancy xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, it's a brilliant idea! Have a lovely weekend, Kellie xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. thanks guys!! i am still in the process of changing the look!! but its coming together... slowly but surely!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good idea you could pull it off! How's the lighting?

    ReplyDelete
  8. GO FOR IT~ it will look fab with an X bench tucked under! Can't wait to see it!

    ReplyDelete

So... Tell me... What do you think?